WILSON, N.C. - The University of Mount Olive women's volleyball team fell in straight sets to the Bulldogs of Barton College in a midweek Conference Carolinas contest in Wilson, N.C.
Score: Barton 3, Mount Olive 0 (25-12, 25-17, 25-12)
Records: Mount Olive 2-10, 0-2; Barton 6-11, 3-0
Location: Wilson, N.C.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Trojans scored two of the first three points in the match to lead Barton 2-1 on kills from Ania Keene and Sydney Kuhbander.
- The Bulldogs then scored six consecutive points taking a 7-2 lead which they never relinquished.
- A 4-3 rally that included a Michaela Seawell kill and three Bulldog errors saw the Trojans trail the Bulldogs 10-6.
- Mount Olive tallied four more points in the set, three Barton errors and a MaKayla Huber kill, as the Bulldogs took the first set 25-10.
- UMO opened the second set on a 6-2 run that included three Huber kills, and one each from Kuhbander and Courtney Garris.
- Barton came back to take a four-point, 11-7 lead, on a 9-1 rally.
- A Kamber Skeen kill put the Trojans within two points, 12-10, but the Bulldogs pulled further away on five consecutive points taking a 17-10 lead.
- The Bulldogs held a ten point lead sitting at set point, 24-14, but the Trojans held on scoring three points before Barton put down the final point to win the second set 25-17.
- The third set started off more competitively with the teams trading points until the score sat at five points each.
- Barton took a six-point lead, 13-7, following an 8-2 run by the Bulldogs.
- Mount Olive put down a handful of points throughout the remainder of the set but fell 25-12 in the third set and 3-0 in the match.
Mount Olive is home for their next match as they play host to the Tornado of King University. The Trojans and Tornado take to the court for the first serve at 7 p.m. Fans that bring canned food items to the match will gain free entry to the match. All donated food items will go to a food pantry in the local community.