MURFREESBORO, N.C. - The University of Mount Olive women's volleyball team fell in three sets to the Hawks of Chowan University Tuesday night in non-conference competition at the Helms Center.
Score: Chowan 3, Mount Olive 0 (25-20, 25-20, 25-18)
Records: Mount Olive 8-13; Chowan 12-10
Location: Murfreesboro, N.C. (Helms Center)
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The match opened up with neither team taking more than a two-point lead.
- Chowan ended the set however on a five-point run to take the set 25-20.
- Set two began much like the first with the Trojans and Hawks exchanging points for the first 16 points of the set.
- The Hawks broke an 8-8 tie with a seven-point spread midway through the set and took a 15-8 lead.
- Mount Olive was able to draw within three points but could not complete the comeback as the Trojans dropped the second set 25-20.
- Chowan came out of the intermission and quickly took a 6-1 advantage after a pair of three-point runs.
- The Trojans battled back down 14-7 and went on a 6-to-1 run to draw within two points.
- CU, however, did not allow the Trojans much breathing room as the Hawks ended the final set with a 7-to-2 run and took the set 25-18.
UMO returns to action on Saturday, Oct. 21, as they will head to Wilson, N.C. to take part of a Tri-match at Barton. The Trojans will play host Barton at 12 p.m. and then take on Shaw at 2 p.m.