Gaffney, S.C. – The University of Mount Olive women's volleyball team dropped a three-set match to Limestone College in Conference Carolinas action Saturday morning.
Score: Limestone 3, Mount Olive 0 (25-16), (25-23), (25-15)
Records: Mount Olive 8-8 (3-4); Limestone 6-11 (2-5)
Location: Timken Center
How It Happened
- The Trojans fell behind early at 8-3 but came back to battle through the middle portion of the set.
- Limestone closed the set on a 10-4 run to capture the 25-16 victory.
- UMO hit just -.027 with nine errors in the set to the Saints' .194.
- UMO opened the set on a 7-1 run forcing a Limestone timeout.
- Limestone used a 6-0 run to close within two at 14-12.
- Holding a 23-19 lead, Mount Olive was unable to stop the Saints' rally, as Limestone ended the set with a 6-0 run.
- Mount Olive fell behind early on, 11-3, and struggled to mount a comeback.
- The Trojans closed within 14-11 but could not draw closer, as Limestone closed the match with an 8-1 run.
- Juniors Mi"Kayla Benson (8) and Karley Pounds (6) combined for 14 kills.
- Freshman Natalie Perez tallied four service aces to aid UMO.
- Freshman Kamber Skeen led the Trojans in assists with 16 and digs with 14.
Mount Olive returns to Kornegay Arena for a weekend full of action October 7 and 8. UMO opens the weekend with a match against Pfieffer on October 7 followed by a pair of matches on October 8 against Belmont Abbey and Francis Marion.