Charlotte, N.C. - The University of Mount Olive women's cross country team finished second overall as a team behind Division I Davidson, while Leah Hanle placed second individually, breaking her own school record, to lead the Trojans.
Location: Charlotte, N.C.
INSIDE THE RESULTS
|Name||Time||Team Score||Event Finish||Individual Records|
|Leah Hanle||16:56||2||2||School Record/Personal Best|
|Celine Ritter||17:53||7||7||Personal Best|
|Shona Blades||18:38||15||15||Personal Best|
|Julia Bridges||18:52||18||18||Personal Best|
|Elise Tanner||19:34||31||31||Personal Best|
|Jessica Glenn||19:38||34||34||Personal Best|
|Heidi Murray||19:50||40||40||Personal Best|
|Elizabeth Lopez||23:04||-||88||Personal Best|
|Emily Warren||24:14||-||93||Personal Best|
- UMO came in ahead of 11 other teams including four Division I programs; Western Carolina, Presbyterian, Gardner-Webb and Spartanburg Methodist.
- Leah Hanle finished second overall with a time of 16:56.
- Celine Ritter rounded out the top ten for the Trojans coming in seventh with a time of 17:53.
- Leah Hanle broke her own school record of 17:37 at the Queen City Invite shaving off 41 seconds from her previous PR.
- Ritter moved into second in the UMO records with her time of 17:53.
- All Trojans recorded personal records at the meet in Charlotte, N.C.
The Trojans will race again on October 20 as they compete for the Conference Carolinas Championship title.