Bethlehem, Pa. - Leah Hanle set a new program record at the Paul Short Invitational hosted by Lehigh University in Bethlehem, Pa. on Friday, Sept. 29. The University of Mount Olive women's cross country team finished 38th at the event.
Location: Bethlehem, Pa.
INSIDE THE RESULTS
|Name||Time||Team Score||Event Finish|
|Leah Hanle||20:29||21||21||School Record|
|Celine Ritter||21:39||142||152||Personal Best|
|Julia Bridges||23:15||266||313||Personal Best|
|Shona Blades||23:30||275||328||Personal Best|
|Heidi Murray||23:39||277||333||Personal Best|
|Elise Tanner||23:57||286||347||Personal Best|
|Jessica Glenn||24:20||N/A||356||Personal Best|
|Mireia Galan||25:04||N/A||366||Personal Best|
- The women competed in the Gold race for the first time in school history.
- Only D2/D3 nationally ranked teams are allowed entrance into this race, along with the D1's.
- UMO came in ahead of Division I schools such as Delaware and Towson.
- Although the women did not finish as high as the men, they still ran phenomenal times, on a course that was more challenging than the one they ran at Furman.
- Sophomore Leah Hanle finished in the top-25 as she finished 21st with a time of 20:29.
- Hanle broke her own personal and school record of 20:49, set at the Furman Invitational on Sept. 9, shaving 20 seconds off her previous record at the Paul Short Invitational.
- Celine Ritter also broke her own personal best of 21:55, set at the Furman Invitational on Sept. 9, as she cut 16 seconds off her time.
The Trojans will race again on October 13 as they travel to Charlotte, N.C. for the Queen City Invite.