Central, S.C. - The University of Mount Olive women's volleyball team fell in four sets to the Warriors of Southern Wesleyan University on Saturday afternoon in Conference Carolinas action in Central, S.C.
Score: Southern Wesleyan 3, Mount Olive 1 (25-19, 25-19, 18-25, 27-25)
Records: Mount Olive (7-20, 1-11); Southern Wesleyan (8-15, 5-9)
Location: Central, S.C.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Southern Wesleyan took an early 9-5 five lead to open the first set.
- The Trojans pulled within a point, 11-10, before the Warriors went on a 4-1 run to take a 15-11 lead.
- Mount Olive went on an 8-6 rally pulling back within two points as they trailed 21-19.
- SWU closed out the set on three kills and an ace to take the opening game 25-19.
- The Warriors carried the momentum from the first set into the second as they went on a 5-0 run to begin the second game.
- UMO countered with a 6-3 run to pull within two points of SWU who held an 8-6 lead.
- SWU took a 13-9 lead following a 5-3 run of their own but UMO came back from behind to take a 14-13 lead on a 5-0 rally that included two Trojan kills and three Warrior errors.
- Southern Wesleyan tallied four straight kills to retake the lead 17-14 before a 3-1 run by Mount Olive put the score at 18-17 with SWU leading by one.
- The Trojans were battling back but the Warriors managed to go on a 7-2 run that closed out the set with the score sitting at 25-19 and the Warriors leading two sets to none.
- The teams sat pretty even through the opening services that had the Trojans holding on to a slim 8-7 lead.
- UMO went on a 6-1 rally that included three kills and three SWU errors to put UMO up six points, 14-8.
- SWU pulled within three points, 15-12, following a 4-1 run but the Trojans countered with a 5-0 run that gave Mount Olive a 20-12 advantage.
- Mount Olive held off the rallying Warriors to win the third set 25-18 as SWU led 6-5 through the closing serves.
- UMO held a slim 5-3 lead over SWU who came back and took an 8-6 lead following their own 5-1 run.
- Southern Wesleyan took off on a 6-1 run, following the Trojans tying the set at eight all, to hold a 14-9 advantage.
- An 8-3 spurt by the Trojans tied the set at 17 all heading into the later part of the set.
- SWU took two quick points before the Trojans scored three straight to take a one-point lead, 20-19.
- Mount Olive reached set point following a 4-4 run by the teams to lead 24-23, but the Warriors held off the Trojans to take the fourth set 27-25 and the match 3-1.
- Kamber Skeen had 11 kills, 25 assists, and 19 digs four her fourth triple-double in three weeks.
Mount Olive is back in action on Tuesday as they host the future Conference Carolinas member Chowan University in non-conference action. First serve between the Trojans and Hawks is set for 6 p.m. at Kornegay Arena in Mount Olive, N.C. Make sure to keep up with all things Trojan Athletics by following us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.