Tigerville, S.C. - The University of Mount Olive women's volleyball team fell in four sets to the Crusaders of North Greenville University on Friday evening in Tigerville, S.C., in Conference Carolinas action.
Score: North Greenville 3, Mount Olive 1 (25-15, 18-25, 25-19, 25-11)
Records: Mount Olive (7-19, 1-10 CC); North Greenville (16-11, 8-5 CC)
Location: Tigerville, S.C.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- UMO opened the first set on a 4-1 run before the Crusaders came back on a 4-0 run to take a 5-4 lead.
- The teams traded points as the score tied up five times, last at 10 all, before NGU took a five-point lead following a 7-2 run by the Crusaders.
- Mount Olive tallied three points throughout the remainder of the set as North Greenville went on to take the first set 25-15.
- North Greenville took the first couple points before Mount Olive went on a 5-2 run taking a 5-4 lead through the opening services.
- UMO went up by two points a few times before NGU came back to tie the game at 12 all.
- The Trojans broke away on a 7-0 rally that included four kills and three Crusader errors to give UMO a 19-12 lead.
- Mount Olive was able to hold off the rallying North Greenville team tallying the six points needed to take the second set 25-18.
- The Trojans carried the momentum into the third set as they opened play with an 8-4 run.
- NGU countered with a 5-0 run to take a 9-8 lead.
- UMO tied the set at 10 all before the Crusaders took off on a 7-3 run to hold a 17-13 lead over the Trojans.
- A 4-2 run by Mount Olive put them two points down, 19-17, but the Crusaders held off the rallying Trojans to win the third set 25-19.
- The fourth set began pretty evenly as the teams sat 6-5 with the Crusaders holding the slight advantage.
- NGU took a 6-2 run taking a 12-7 lead before UMO cut the lead to three on a pair of points putting the score at 12-9.
- North Greenville then took off with the set going on a 13-2 rally to win the fourth set 25-11 and the match 3-1.
Mount Olive is back in action on Saturday, October 27, as they take on the Warriors of Southern Wesleyan University at 2 p.m. in Central, S.C. Make sure to keep up with all things Trojan Athletics by following us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.