MOUNT OLIVE, N.C. - The University of Mount Olive heads to Tigerville, S.C. on Tuesday, Nov. 7, for the quarterfinals of the 2017 Conference Carolinas women's volleyball tournament as the Trojans face the Crusaders of North Greenville at 6:30 p.m. in Hayes Gymnasium.
- The Trojans enter the match Tuesday on a two-game losing streak dropping both contests in the final weekend of regular season play.
- Britni Johnson has been the steady attacker for UMO as she has tallied 373 kills on the season, with 205 of those coming against conference foes.
- Freshman Cyerra Carter has been settling into her own role as a prominent attacker for the Trojans as she sits second on the team with 214 total kills, 110 in conference contests.
- Sophomore setter Kamber Skeen has tallied 805 assists this season to compliment her 834 from her freshman season to total 1,639 career assists.
- Casey Fiechter leads the team in digs with 409 on the season with Johnson close behind at 350.
- NGU is on a five-game winning streak heading into the quarterfinal match.
- The Crusaders last loss came on Oct. 20 at Emmanuel College when they lost in four to the Lions.
- NGU is led by a trio of attackers in Sam Hebb, Katie McManaway, and Kenzie Pierce who combine for 776 of the teams 1258 kills on the season.
- Sara Miller, the Crusaders primary setter, has accrued 1,011 assists this season as a redshirt sophomore.
- The defensive line for NGU consists of Pierce, Miller and libero Johna Robbins who've tallied 829 combined digs of 1,693.
- The two squads have only faced off once this season with the Crusaders picking up a three-set win over UMO at Kornegay Arena on Sept. 23.
- The boxscore stat lines were very similar with the Crusaders holding a lead in kills, 38-33, and assists 37-33, while the Trojans led by one in digs, 62-61.
- The major difference was the errors committed by each team as Mount Olive had 24 errors to NGU's nine in the match.
AWARDS & ACCOLADES
The winner of the quarterfinal match will advance to the semifinals to face the winner of the North No. 2 Belmont Abbey vs. South No. 3 Limestone game set for 6:30 p.m. on Nov. 7 in Belmont, N.C. The Conference Carolinas semifinals and championship matches will take place at the highest remaining seed in the conference tournament on Saturday and Sunday, Nov. 11 & 12.