FRANKLIN SPRINGS, GA. - The University of Mount Olive women's volleyball team fell in three sets to the Lions of Emmanuel College Friday evening in Conference Carolinas competition in Franklin Springs, Ga
Score: Emmanuel 3, Mount Olive 0 (25-12, 25-12, 25-15)
Records: Mount Olive 9-16, 4-7; Emmanuel 15-9, 11-2
Location: Franklin Springs, Ga.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Emmanuel opened the match scoring the first six points before Mount Olive was able to get on the board.
- UMO rallied back to pull within three points, 15-12, before a 10-3 run by the Lions closed out the first set (25-15).
- Set two began much like the first with the Lions going up 10-2 over the Trojans.
- Emmanuel maintained an eight-point lead through much of the set until they broke away to defeat Mount Olive 25-12 in the second set.
- Set three started much more competitively than the previous two as the teams battled back-and-forth with the Trojans breaking a tie to lead 8-5.
- UMO's lead was short lived as Emmanuel came back to tie the set eight all and reclaim the lead eventually winning the set 25-15 and the match 3-0.
UMO returns to action on Saturday, Oct. 28, as they head to Due West, S.C., to face the Flying Fleet of Erskine at 12 p.m.