MOUNT OLIVE, N.C. – The University of Mount Olive women's lacrosse team defeated the Warriors of Southern Wesleyan University 24-0 in Conference Carolinas action on Saturday afternoon at Ray McDonald Sr. Track & Field/ Lacrosse Complex in Mount Olive, N.C. Jordan Shughrue and Kriston Guerra each scored five goals for the Trojans in the dominating shutout of SWU.
Score: Mount Olive 24, Southern Wesleyan 0
Records: Mount Olive (7-1, 4-0), Southern Wesleyan (0-6, 0-4)
Location: Ray McDonald Sr. Track & Field/Lacrosse Complex | Mount Olive, N.C.
How It Happened
- Nine different Trojans scored in the opening half as Mount Olive went ahead over the Warriors 16-0.
- Kriston Guerra and Kelly Young each had a hat trick in the first half while Jackie Kaderabek, Jordan Shughrue, and Nola Wesche all had a pair of goals.
- Kiara Burke, Amanda Berger, Michaela Ciciarelli, and Kali Ferguson each tallied a single goal contributing the 16-0 Trojans lead at halftime.
- Mount Olive continued to dominate as they scored eight goals in the second half going on to win 24-0 improving to 7-1 on the season and a perfect 4-0 in Conference Carolinas action.
- Shughrue added a hat trick in the second half while Guerra tallied two.
- Kaderabek, Berger, and Ferguson combined for the other three UMO goals.
- Shughrue and Guerra each collected five points off of their five goals while Kaderabek had five points on three goals and two assists in the game.
- The Trojans allowed no Warrior shots to get off as they played an oppressive defense that kept the ball in Mount Olive's scoring third a majority of the game.
- UMO dominated the stat lines leading 46-0 in shots, 21-5 in draw controls, and 35-13 in ground balls.
- Mount Olive was a perfect 9-9 on clears while Southern Wesleyan was 0-13.
The Trojans return to action on Wednesday, March 14, as they return to the Ray McDonald Lacrosse Complex for game one of a men's and women's lacrosse doubleheader. UMO's women's lacrosse team will host 14th-ranked West Chester University at 1 p.m.