Mount Olive, N.C. – The University of Mount Olive women's lacrosse team defeated Emmanuel College, 21-9, on senior day at the Ray McDonald Sr Track & Field/Lacrosse Complex in Mount Olive, N.C.
Score: Mount Olive 21, Emmanuel 9
Records: Mount Olive (7-5, 5-1 CC), Emmanuel (6-5, 3-4 CC)
Location: Ray McDonald Sr Track & Field/Lacrosse Complex, Mount Olive, N.C.
How It Happened
- Mount Olive jumped out in front of Emmanuel 3:30 minutes into the opening half as Saffron Snethen scored an unassisted goal to give the Trojans the lead.
- Emmanuel tied the game back up seconds later as a goal with 26:14 tied the game at one.
- Following a second goal by Snethen, the Lions then went on a 3-0 run to move out to a 4-2 lead.
- UMO ended the first half on a 5-1 run as the Trojans took a 7-5 lead into the break.
- The Trojans did not let up in the second half as UMO exploded for 14 goals as the game went to a running clock.
- Emmanuel did score four goals in the final half, but it was not nearly enough to rally for a comeback as Mount Olive won on senior day 21-9.
- Saffron Snethen led the team with seven goals and added a groundball.
- Kiara Burke was close behind Snethen as she scored six goals and collected two draw controls.
- Samantha Thompson (5-3) picked up the win in between the pipes as she recorded nine saves on 17 shots on goal.
UMO will remain at home as the Trojans will take on Converse College at 2 p.m. tomorrow in Mount Olive, N.C