MOUNT OLIVE, N.C. – The University of Mount Olive women's basketball team fell to Conference Carolinas opponent Limestone College 103-80 on Tuesday evening at Kornegay Arena in Mount Olive, N.C. The UMO Athletic Department recognized the men and women of the armed forces during the doubleheader in celebration of Military Night.
Score: Limestone 103, Mount Olive 80
Records: Limestone (22-4, 17-2), Mount Olive (11-16, 9-10)
Location: Kornegay Arnea | Mount Olive, N.C.
How It Happened
- Mount Olive held the slim 7-6 lead over Limestone with 8:10 left to play in the first quarter.
- The Saints kicked it into gear as they went on a 34-10 to close out the first quarter holding the 40-17 advantage going into the second.
- Limestone continued to dominate the game as they scored 24 points to Mount Olive's 13 as the teams entered halftime with the score sitting at 64-30.
- Despite the Trojans outscoring the Saints 25-22 in the third quarter, Limestone held on to their 30-point lead heading into the final 10 minutes ahead 86-55.
- Mount Olive managed to cut down Limestone's lead to 23 points following a 25-17 fourth quarter as the Saints went on to win 103-80.
- Felecity Havens led the Trojans with 28 points making 10 of 22 attempts and stealing the ball three times.
- Jada Bacchus tallied a double-double as she scored 15 points and 11 rebounds.
Mount Olive is back in action on Friday, February 23, in the regular season finale against Barton College. The Trojans take on the rival Bulldogs at 5:30 p.m. at Kornegay Arena on Senior Night to conclude regular season Conference Carolinas action.