BANNER ELK, N.C. – The University of Mount Olive women's basketball team fell 81-63 to the Bobcats of Lees-McRae on Friday evening in Conference Carolinas action in Banner Elk, N.C.
Score: Lees-McRae 81, Mount Olive 63
Records: Lees-McRae (6-12, 3-9), Mount Olive (8-12, 6-6)
Location: Banner Elk, N.C.
How It Happened
- Mount Olive held a slim one-point lead four minutes into the opening half until Lees-McRae scored five unanswered points to take a 9-5 lead with 5:42.
- Lees-McRae maintained their lead only allowing UMO to tie the game once at 17 before taking a 19-17 lead into the second quarter.
- LMC continued to build their lead as the Bobcats pushed their margin to double figures taking a 38-28 lead into halftime.
- The third quarter proved to be the only quarter the Trojans were not out-scored in as Mount Olive tied with Lees-McRae putting down 18 points apiece.
- Mount Olive had no answer for Lees-McRae in the final quarter as the Bobcats ended the game on a 5-0 run and took the 81-63 final.
- Ni'Ya Styles led the Trojans with 26 points and was followed by Felecity Havens who dished in 16 points.
Mount Olive takes to the court again tomorrow at King. The Trojans and Tornado faceoff at 2 p.m. in Bristol, Tenn. for more Conference Carolinas competition.