MOUNT OLIVE, N.C. – The University of Mount Olive women's basketball team defeated the Erskine Flying Fleet 74-69 in Conference Carolinas action inside Kornegay Arena on Saturday afternoon.
Score: Mount Olive 74, Erskine 69
Records: Erskine College (3-7, 2-2), Mount Olive (4-6, 2-0)
Location: Kornegay Arena | Mount Olive, N.C.
How It Happened
- The teams went point for point to open the game until a 6-0 run by Erskine gave the Flying Fleet the 12-6 lead halfway through the first quarter.
- Erskine closed out the quarter on a 13-7 run to lead by ten points, 23-13, through the first ten minutes.
- The Flying Fleet opened the second quarter on a 9-2 run taking a 16 point lead, 31-15, at the 7:24 mark.
- UMO closed out the half on an 18-3 run to trail by one point, 34-33, heading into halftime.
- Mount Olive took their first lead of the game since the first quarter, at 9:07, as Felecity Havens scored the first eight points of the third quarter for the Trojans who led 41-36 at the 6:33 mark.
- The Trojans led by as many as 11 points, 50-39 at the 3:52 mark, and headed into the final quarter with a 10-point lead, 54-44.
- UMO held their lead for much of the fourth but Erskine slowly chipped away pulling within four points, 61-57, with 4:30 to play.
- The Trojans held their lead through the remainder of the game to win 74-69.
- Felecity Havens and Jada Bacchus both recorded double-doubles as Havens had 26 points and 16 rebounds while Bacchus had 10 points and 13 rebounds.
- Bacchus was four steals shy of a triple-double.
- Hope Toliver joined Havens and Bacchus in double figures with 13 points in the game.
- The Trojans outscored the Flying Fleet 41-21 in the second and third quarters.
- UMO brought down 22 offensive and 22 defensive boards with Havens leading all rebounders with 16.
The Trojans return to action again in a week on December 16, as they travel to Limestone for another Conference Carolinas matchup. The Saints and Trojans will tip off at 2 p.m. followed by the men's game at 4 p.m.