PEMBROKE, N.C. – The University of Mount Olive women's basketball team fell 88-74 against the Braves of UNC Pembroke Friday evening in Pembroke, N.C.
Score: UNC Pembroke 88, Mount Olive 74
Records: UNC Pembroke (2-0), Mount Olive (1-3)
Location: Pembroke, N.C.
How It Happened
- Mount Olive started the contest on a 5-0 run before UNC Pembroke broke the run with 8:21 left in the quarter.
- The score exchanged hands for the remainder of the quarter until the Braves hit back-to-back three-pointers to take a 21-18 lead.
- UNCP used an eight-point run early in the second to move out to a 32-20 lead with 7:07 remaining in the half.
- Mount Olive crept back in the closing minutes drawing to within two points, 37-35, as the halftime horn sounded.
- The Trojans took back the lead after a 6-0 run that brought the score to 41-40 with 7:11 left in the quarter.
- UMO moved out to a seven-point lead, 51-44, but the Braves again came back and tied the game a 57 following a made three-pointer with 1:42 on the clock.
- Mount Olive was able to manage another comeback and took a 63-62 lead into the final quarter.
- UNC Pembroke held a slim five-point lead, 77-72, with over 4:20 left in the game and utilized an 11 point run to seal the victory taking the final score of 88-74.
- Felecity Havens led the team with 31 points and added eight rebounds.
- Jada Bacchus was the only other Trojan in double figures with 11.
The Trojans return to action on Friday, Nov. 24, as they travel to Saint Petersburg, Fla. to compete in the Eckerd College Thanksgiving Classic. UMO will face off against Florida Southern at 1 p.m.