Mount Olive, N.C. - The University of Mount Olive defeated the Bears of Shaw University 1-0 on Monday night at Amon Field in Mount Olive, N.C.
Score: Mount Olive 1, Shaw University 0
Records: Mount Olive (5-3-0, 1-2-0); Shaw University (3-4-3, 0-0-0)
Location: Mount Olive, N.C. (Amon Field)
How It Happened
- Mount Olive held the offensive advantage in the first half as they kept Shaw scoreless and outshot the Bears 16-5.
- The second half was a battle as the two squads fought for possession of the ball and tried to put together sequences to score.
- The Trojans finally put a goal in the net in the 85th minute as Sebastian Loibl scored on a header following the pass in from Quentin Aguilar.
- UMO outshot the Bears 11-5 in the second half as they picked up the 1-0 win.
- Preston Snyder recorded seven saves.
- Sebastian Loibl led the Trojans with 11 shots including the game-winning goal, his eighth goal of the season.
- Quentin Aguilar's assist is his first of the season.
The Trojans return to action on Thursday, Oct. 5, as they travel up the road to Wilson, N.C., to face their archrivals of Barton College in a midweek Conference Carolinas matchup. Gametime is set for 7 p.m. following the women's game at 5 p.m.