Mount Olive, N.C. - The University of Mount Olive defeated Erskine Saturday afternoon in Conference Carolinas action at Huggins Field in Due West, S.C.
Score: Mount Olive 5, Erskine 3
Records: Mount Olive (4-2, 1-1); Erskine (3-6, 2-3)
Location: Due West, S.C. (Huggins Field)
How It Happened
- The Trojans got on the board first in the 14th minute as Tyler Hall connected with the back of the net off the assist from Sebastian Loibl.
- Eight minutes later, in the 22nd minute, Loibl scored his first goal of the match courtesy of an assist from Kenneth Gilliam to give UMO the 2-0 lead.
- Erskine got on the board in the 28th minute to put the score at 2-1 with 17 minutes left to play in the half.
- The Trojans third goal in the first half came from senior Trevor Knight as he received the pass in from Anthony Wren who collected the ball off a pass from Loibl.
- The Flying Fleet scored with just five seconds remaining in the half to cut the Trojans lead back to one entering halftime.
- The second half was a battle between the squads to see who could control the ball the most.
- The Trojans scored the first goal of the second half in the 85 minute as Loibl hit the back of the net putting the Trojans up by two, 4-2.
- The Flying Fleet cut the lead again just over a minute later to put the score at 4-3.
- UMO put the final goal on the board with two minutes and change to play as Hall scored his second goal of the match and Loibl collected his third assist as the Trojans picked up their fifth win with a 5-3 victory.
- Loibl led the Trojans in goals, assists, and tied for the lead in shots, with two, three and four respectively.
- Hall added two goals on four shots to help the Trojans pick up the win.
- Trevor Knight scored his first goal of the season against the Flying Fleet.
Mount Olive returns home on Sept. 27 as they host the Belmont Abbey Crusaders at Amon Field in Mount Olive, N.C. First kick is set for 4:30 on Wednesday afternoon. For those who cannot come out to support the Trojans in person, you can watch the match on the Trojans Sports Network or follow the live stats at umotrojans.com.