Central, S.C. - The University of Mount Olive fell to Southern Wesleyan 1-0 Saturday afternoon in Conference Carolinas men's soccer.
Score: Southern Wesleyan 1, Mount Olive 0
Records: Mount Olive (5-9-1, 4-6-0); Southern Wesleyan (10-7-0, 6-4-0)
Location: Central, S.C. (Childs Field)
How It Happened
- Mount Olive began the contest by pressuring the Warriors of Southern Wesleyan early with three shots in the first four minutes of play. The keeper of SWU came up with two saves and held the Trojans off the board.
- The defense of the Trojans held on as well not allowing a goal in the first period.
- Both teams picked up the pressure on offense as the shots for Mount Olive and Southern Wesleyan exceeded double digits.
- Southern Wesleyan found a timely goal and what proved to be the game-winner in the 89th minute as Christian Taylor gave the Warriors the lead.
- Jonathan Alexandersson led the Trojans with six shots, three on goal.
- Dauda Sanoh and Lewis Xiberras both added two shots for Mount Olive.
- Trojan keeper Nick Bernsdorf recorded seven saves on eight attempts by Southern Wesleyan.
Mount Olive will advance into the 2016 Conference Carolinas Men's Soccer Tournament as the No. 6 seed and will take on the No. 3 seed Southern Wesleyan University Monday. Game time is TBA in Central, S.C.