Mount Olive, N.C. - The University of Mount Olive defeated arch rival Barton College 2-1 Tuesday afternoon in Conference Carolinas men's soccer.
Score: Mount Olive 2, Barton College 1
Records: Mount Olive (5-8-1, 4-5-0); Barton (4-11-1, 2-6-1)
Location: Mount Olive, N.C. (Amon Field)
How It Happened
- Mount Olive started off the final home regular season game at Amon Field in proper fashion as the Trojans scored in the 24th minute.
- Kenneth Gilliam took a shot from outside the box and it struck the far post and bent back in towards the net for the first score of the game.
- The Trojans defense held strong for the remainder of the game not allowing an equalizer from the Bulldogs.
- Dakotah Casale pushed UMO out to a 2-0 lead late in the match 10 seconds into the 83rd minute. Casale beat his defender and found a hole in the bottom right-hand corner.
- Barton did not let the Trojans end the game with a shutout as the Bulldogs scored 45 seconds later from David Vega's shot on goal.
- Kenneth Gilliam led the Trojans with four shots, three on goal, and one score.
- Nick Bernsdorf saw 17 shots, four on goal, and surrendered one goal.
Mount Olive will travel to Central, S.C. for the Trojans final regular season contest against Southern Wesleyan on October 29. Kick-off is set for 3 p.m.