Belmont, N.C. - The University of Mount Olive defeated Belmont Abbey College 1-0 Saturday afternoon in Conference Carolinas men's soccer.
Score: Mount Olive 1, Belmont Abbey 0
Records: Mount Olive (4-8-1, 3-5-0); Belmont Abbey (4-8-2, 3-6-0)
Location: Belmont, N.C. (Alumni Field)
How It Happened
- Mount Olive came out with the early pressure as the Trojans picked up the game's first and only goal in the 12th minute.
- Jonathan Alexandersson gave the Trojans the lead as Grant Conybear found the feet of the freshman and Mount Olive took the lead.
- The Trojans maintained the lead despite being outshot four-to-two during the final 33 minutes.
- The Crusaders threatened with under 38 minutes left in the second period as the Trojans surrendered two shots and two corners in a 54 second period. The back line of Mount Olive held strong as the final shot went high and gave the Trojans a goal kick.
- The defense for Mount Olive allowed just two shots for the remainder of the match as the Trojans held on for the win.
- Travis Jones, Santiago Zapata, Dakotah Casale, and Jonathan Alexandersson all recorded a shot in the match.
- Nick Bernsdorf saw 12 shots, but only one on goal and remained perfect in between the posts.
Mount Olive will return to Amon Field for the Trojans final home contest Tuesday, October, 25 against arch rival Barton College. It will also be senior night for the Trojans.