Tigerville, S.C. - The University of Mount Olive topped North Greenville University 6-0 Saturday afternoon in Conference Carolinas men's soccer.
Score: Mount Olive 6, North Greenville 0
Records: Mount Olive (2-8-1, 2-5-0); North Greenville (1-9-1, 0-5-0)
Location: Tigerville, S.C. (Pepsi Stadium)
How It Happened
- Mount Olive came out of the gates hot as Trevor Knight blocked a clear attempt by North Greenville and went on a breakaway run 30 seconds into the opening half. His shot was saved by the Crusader keeper but remained in the Trojans attacking third. Jonathan Alexandersson settled the ball back down and found Knight again, this time, Knight found the back of the net.
- Alexandersson soon found the back of the net himself in the 21st minute. Following a Trojan shot on goal that hit the left post, Alexandersson was in front of the ricochet and tapped the ball in for Mount Olive's second goal.
- The Trojans added two more goals, one by Andrew Yarnell in the 39th minute and Anthony Wren topped off a four-goal outburst with his goal in the 45th minute.
- UMO continued to pressure the Crusaders in the second half with two more scores.
- Lewis Xiberras scored in the 58th minute and Andrew Yarnell added his second score of the game in the 83rd minute on a feed from Dakotah Casale to seal the win.
- Trevor Knight, Andrew Yarnell, and Dakotah Casale all led the Trojans with three shots apiece, all on goal. Yarnell led the offense with two scores while Knight, Alexandersson, Xiberras, and Wren each had one goal.
- Of the 16 shots taken by the Trojans, only one was off target.
- Bernardo Mejia (2-2-1) picked up the win in goal for Mount Olive as he faced four shots on goal and was perfect in save opportunities.
Mount Olive will host Chowan University in a non-conference matchup on Monday, October 17 at Amon Field. Kickoff is set for 7 p.m.