Mount Olive, N.C. - The University of Mount Olive men's soccer team drew a 1-1 decision against Brevard College in a non-conference matchup Tuesday night in a game that was plagued by weather delays. The match ended in regulation due to the lightning and the field not having lights.
Score: Mount Olive 1, Brevard 1
Records: Mount Olive (0-6-1); Brevard (5-3-1)
Location: Brevard, N.C. (Brevard Soccer Field)
How It Happened
- The first half was a stalemate as neither team's defense allowed a score.
- Brevard outshot Mount Olive 6-to-4 in the opening half.
- The Trojans broke the tie in the 58th minute.
- Dauda Sanoh laid a perfect cross in for Lewis Xiberras who then put the ball away for the game's first score.
- Following a Trojan yellow card in the final 54 seconds of regulation, Brevard found the equalizer with 48 seconds remaining to knot the game at one.
- Two lightning delays forced the game to end after darkness set in and no lights were available to finish the match.
- Six different Trojans recorded a shot in the match.
- Xiberras' sole shot of the game was the only score Mount Olive recorded.
- Grant Conybear led the squad with three shots, one on goal.
Mount Olive will remain on the road as the Trojans travel to Banner Elk, N.C. Saturday to get back into Conference Carolinas action. Mount Olive will take on Lees-McRae at 4 p.m.