Mount Olive, N.C. - The University of Mount Olive fell to Emmanuel College 3-0 on Upward Youth Soccer Day in Conference Carolinas men's soccer.
Score: Emmanuel 3, Mount Olive 0
Records: Mount Olive (0-5-0, 0-2-0); Emmanuel (1-4-0, 1-1-0)
Location: Mount Olive, N.C. (Amon Field)
How It Happened
- Mount Olive held off the Lions' attack in the first period despite being outshot 7-to-6 and took a 0-0 scoreline into the half.
- The second half for Mount Olive did not fair any better as in the 65th minute Emmanuel's Martin Mitreski scored the game's first goal on a chip shot that floated over the Trojan's keeper and into the back of the net.
- Mount Olive played a man down shortly after the goal for the remainder of the match as a second yellow card led to a Trojan player being sent off.
- The Lions added two goals within two minutes near the end of regulation to seal the win.
- Jonathan Alexandersson led the Trojans' with six shots, three on goal.
- Dakotah Casale, Stefan Faria, and Lewis Xiberras all contributed two shots.
Mount Olive remains at home to face Erskine College on September 24 at 4 p.m.