Aiken, S.C. - The University of Mount Olive dropped a 1-0 match with the University of South Carolina Aiken on the road Saturday evening.
Score: USC Aiken 1, Mount Olive 0
Records: Mount Olive (0-3-0); USC Aiken (1-1)
Location: Aiken, S.C. (Pacer Pit)
How It Happened
- In a relatively quiet half, Mount Olive was outshot by USC Aiken, 5-2, with each team putting a single shot on goal.
- UMO saw its first opportunity saved, as freshman Anthony Wren fired in a shot at 24:33 that was stopped by the Pacers' keeper.
- USC Aiken took hold of the match in the 74th minute when Adria Dalmau found the ball at his feet and finished near the center of the 18-yard box.
- After the goal, UMO ratcheted up the pressure, firing two shots, including one on frame, in the final 15 minutes, but could not find a breakthrough,
- In the final two minutes, the Trojans tried to push USCA's backline, garnering three offside penalties, but failing to find the equalizer.
- Junior Nikolai Iotov finished with two shots, including one on goal, to lead the Trojans' attack.
- Junior Matheus Oliveira and Wren each recorded a shot on goal, while senior Dauda Sanoh, junior Trevor Knight, and freshman Dakotah Casale all added a shot.
- In goal, senior Nick Bernsdorf collected three saves, while allowing one goal on four shots on goal
- UMO was outshot 9-7 in the match but held a 5-4 advantage in the second half.
Mount Olive returns home on Wednesday to open Conference Carolinas play with a match against Limestone College at 7 p.m.