Mount Olive, N.C. – The 12th-ranked University of Mount Olive men's lacrosse team defeated Pfeiffer University, 18-9 , in Conference Carolinas action on Wednesday afternoon at the Ray McDonald Sr. Track & Field/Lacrosse Complex.
Score: Mount Olive 18, Pfeiffer 9
Records: Mount Olive (10-3, 5-2 CC), Pfeiffer (7-8, 3-4 CC)
Location: Ray McDonald Sr. Track & Field/Lacrosse Complex, Mount Olive, N.C.
How It Happened
- Mount Olive scored first just 3:11 into the contest on an unassisted goal by junior Jacob Ball.
- Pfeiffer answered with a pair of goals to give the Falcons a 2-1 lead with 3:45 left in the first quarter.
- The Trojans tied it up at two with 2:22 left in the quarter on an unassisted goal by senior Brett Kingston.
- UMO owned the second quarter as the Trojans outscored Pfeiffer, 4-0, to take a 6-2 lead into halftime.
- Pfeiffer got back within three at 8-5 after outscoring the Trojans, 3-2, to open the second half.
- UMO ended the quarter with a 5-2 run, featuring a pair of goals by Ball, to push its advantage to 13-6.
- The final quarter was controlled by the Trojans as UMO outscored the Falcons, 5-3, to give Mount Olive the 18-9 victory.
- Ball led the Trojans with five goals in the win.
- Also recording a hat trick in the victory was Kingston.
- A trio of Trojans led the way in ground balls as Ball, freshman Will Urban, and junior Cody Graden all tallied four.
- Between the posts, Urban (W: 10-3) earned the victory, making 12 saves on 21 shots.
- UMO outshot the Falcons, 51-26.
Mount Olive wraps up its regular season on April 22 when the Trojans travel to Charlotte, N.C. to take on Queens University at 2 p.m.