Mount Olive, N.C. – The 10th-ranked University of Mount Olive men's lacrosse fell to No. 1 Limestone College on senior day, 10-6, in Conference Carolinas action on Saturday afternoon at the Ray McDonald Sr. Track & Field/Lacrosse Complex.
Score: Limestone 10, Mount Olive 6
Records: Mount Olive (9-3, 4-2 CC), Limestone (9-3, 4-2 CC)
Location: Ray McDonald Sr. Track & Field/Lacrosse Complex, Mount Olive, N.C.
How It Happened
- Mount Olive took the early momentum as the Trojans caused a Limestone turnover with under 13 minutes left and cleared the ball successfully. One minute after the successful clear, Brett Kingston peppered the back of the net for the first goal of the game.
- The Trojans held Limestone off the boards for almost the entire quarter, until Dale Cornetta scored with 1:13 to tie the game at one.
- UMO kept the momentum in the second quarter as Jesse Mitchell and Tyler Keele pushed Mount Olive back in front 3-1 with goals at the 12:22 and 9:55 marks.
- The Trojans suffered five penalties over the next five minutes playing a man down for most of the rest of the half. Limestone capitalized pushing home five goals and took their first lead 6-3.
- Mitchell scored to stop the run from the Saints run with 2:16 left in the half.
- Limestone took the momentum into the break scoring a goal with three seconds left in the half to take a 7-4 lead.
- The third frame was all Limestone as the Saints scored the only three goals of the quarter expanding their lead to six.
- The final quarter was taken by the Trojans, but it was not enough as the two goals scored by Gunner Parson and Eddie Hendrickson took the deficit to 10-6 and Mount Olive fell on senior day.
- Jesse Mitchell led the Trojans with two goals.
- Between the posts, junior Will Urban (W: 9-3) took the loss, making 21 saves on 31 shots.
- Prior to the match Eddie Hendrickson, Brett Kingston, Jesse Mitchell, Adam Lenhard, Nicholas Correra, Clayton Warren, and Tim Dobson were recognized for senior day.
Mount Olive will be idle until Wednesday when the Trojans host Pfeiffer University on April 19 at the Ray McDonald Sr. Track & Field/Lacrosse Complex in Mount Olive, N.C.