MOUNT OLIVE, N.C. - The University of Mount Olive men's basketball team fell to the rival Bulldogs of Barton College in Conference Carolinas action on senior night at Kornegay Arena in Mount Olive, N.C. on Friday night.
Score: Barton 94, Mount Olive 75
Records: Mount Olive (17-11, 12-6), Barton (16-12, 12-6)
Location: Kornegay Arena | Mount Olive, N.C.
How It Happened
- Barton put the first four points of the game on the board but Mount Olive quickly answered tying and taking the lead on a 7-0 run to lead 7-4 with 17:24 remaining in the first half.
- A 9-5 run by the Bulldogs gave them a slim one-point lead, 13-12, but the Trojans went on a 10-4 run reclaiming the lead 22-16 at the 11-minute mark.
- Mount Olive's lead grew to nine points, 31-23, before Barton went on an 11-2 rally taking the 34-33 lead with just under five minutes on the clock.
- The score tied up several times in the final four minutes of the half but the Bulldogs held the slight 46-44 advantage as the teams went into halftime.
- Barton hit a three to take a five-point lead, 49-44, over the Trojans right out of halftime.
- The Trojans trailed by seven points, 60-53, when they called a timeout following an 11-9 run by the Bulldogs.
- Barton went on a 12-0 run to open up a 19-point lead with about ten minutes to play.
- The Trojans tired to climb back through the remainder of the game but could not find catch the Bulldogs who went on to win 94-75.
- Jamaal Matin led the Trojans with 21 points going 7 for 13 including connecting on four of six three-pointers.
- Alan Treakle was the only other Trojan to hit double-digits as he scored 14 on the night.
The No. 4 seeded Mount Olive is back in action at Kornegay Arena on Tuesday, February 27, as they host the No. 5 seeded Limestone Saints in the quarterfinals of the Conference Carolinas men's basketball tournament. The game tips off at 7 p.m. and can be view on the Trojan Sports Network or fans can follow along via live stats by clicking here.