MOUNT OLIVE, N.C. - The University of Mount Olive men's basketball team fell to the Saints of Limestone College 87-75 in Conference Carolinas action at Kornegay Arena in Mount Olive, N.C. on Tuesday evening. The UMO Athletic Department recognized the men and women of the armed forces during the doubleheader in celebration of Military Night.
Score: Limestone 87, Mount Olive 75
Records: Mount Olive (17-10, 12-5), Limestone (12-15, 12-5)
Location: Kornegay Arena | Mount Olive, N.C.
How It Happened
- Limestone took an 8-2 lead through the first three minutes but the Trojans countered with an 11-0 run to take the 13-8 lead with just over 13 minutes to play in the half.
- The Saints tied the game 13 all and went up 18-13 following their 10-0 run with 10 minutes left in the half.
- UMO stayed within four points of Limestone through the remaining minutes of the first half as the teams entered the intermission with the Saints holding a 34-31 lead.
- The scored tied up at 37 all at the 18:31 mark of the second quarter.
- A minute and a half later the Saints lead grew to five, 43-39, but the Trojans fought back to tie the game once again at 45 all with 15:47 to play.
- Over the next three minutes, Limestone went on a 13-4 run to lead 58-49.
- The Saints went up by ten points, 76-66 at 5:23, and maintained their lead for the remainder of the game to win by 12, 87-75.
- Alan Treakle led the Trojans with 15 points while Jamaal Matin was just behind with 14 of his own.
- Cameron Robinson and Darius Spragley both finished the night with 11 points each.
- The Trojans recorded seven steals to the Saints one.
Mount Olive is back at Kornegay Arena on Friday, Feb. 23, as the Barton Bulldogs come to town for Senior Night at Kornegay Arena. The Trojans take on the rival Bulldogs at 7:30 p.m. following the women's game at 5:30 in game two of the doubleheader.