MOUNT OLIVE, N.C. - The University of Mount Olive men's basketball team fell to the Crusaders of North Greenville University 70-61 on Saturday evening in Conference Carolinas action at Kornegay Arena in Mount Olive, N.C.
Score: North Greenville 70, Mount Olive 61
Records: Mount Olive (15-8, 11-3), North Greenville (9-12, 5-7)
Location: Kornegay Arena | Mount Olive, N.C.
How It Happened
- The game started off with North Greenville going up 8-2 over Mount Olive through the opening four minutes of action.
- The Crusaders opened up an 11 point lead over the following five minutes to lead 19-8.
- Despite a couple of Mount Olive attempted runs, North Greenville closed out the half on a 23-20 run holding the 42-28 lead entering the intermission.
- A three-pointer by Dominique Tham pulled the Trojans within nine-points, 42-31, in the opening 20 seconds of the second half.
- North Greenville extended their lead back to double figures as the Crusaders held on to their lead defeating the Trojans 70-61.
- Cameron Robinson led the Trojans with 16 points including three three-pointers.
- Dominique Tham was the only other Trojan to hit double-figures recording his eighth double-double of the season.
Mount Olive is back in action on the road at Bluefield State on February 7. The Trojans and Big Blues will faceoff at 7 p.m. in Bluefield, West Virginia.