MOUNT OLIVE, N.C. - The University of Mount Olive men's basketball team completed the weekend sweep after defeating Lees-McRae College 88-79 on Saturday night in Conference Carolinas action in Kornegay Arena.
Score: Mount Olive 88, Lees-McRae 79
Records: Mount Olive (9-5, 5-0), Lees-McRae (8-6, 2-3)
Location: Kornegay Arena| Mount Olive, N.C.
How It Happened
- The Trojans opened the game on fire scoring three back-to-back three-pointers to take a 9-2 lead in the opening minute and a half of play.
- Lees-McRae pulled within two-points, 11-9 at the 15:41 mark, before the Trojans went on a 13-5 run over the following three and a half minutes.
- UMO opened their lead up to 12 points, 31-19 with just under eight to play in the half.
- The Bobcats cut the Trojan lead to four with two minutes to play, but Mount Olive responded scoring seven unanswered points to take an 11 point lead into halftime up 47-36.
- Mount Olive's lead grew to 19, 57-38, in the opening four and a half minutes of the second half.
- The Trojans breached the 20-point gap following a Cam Robinson jump shot at 11:34 going up 66-46.
- UMO hovered around a 20-point lead for the next six minutes, but the Bobcats did not give up as they cut the final lead to single-digits falling to Mount Olive 88-79.
- Alan Treakle, Cameron Robinson, Darius Spragley and Jamaal Matin all scored in double-figures with Treakle, Spragley and Cameron Robinson tying with 14 points each.
- The Trojan bench scored 52 points for UMO compared to just 38 from Lees-McRae.
Mount Olive return to action on January 10 as they travel to Wilson, N.C. to face arch-rival Barton College. The Trojans and Bulldogs tip-off at 7:30 p.m. in the second game of the women's and men's doubleheader.