GAFFNEY, S.C. - The University of Mount Olive men's basketball team picked up a 14 point win over Conference Carolinas opponent Limestone College on Saturday evening in Gaffney, S.C.
Score: Mount Olive 83, Limestone 69
Records: Mount Olive (7-3, 3-0), Limestone (6-6, 2-2)
Location: Timken Center | Gaffney, S.C.
How It Happened
- The Trojans opened the scoring going up 4-0 over the Saints in the first two minutes.
- Limestone came within one point of Mount Olive, 6-5, at the 17:44 mark, which was the closest the host school got the Trojans.
- Mount Olive went on a 10-3 run over two minutes to take the 16-8 lead.
- The Trojans held a 13 point lead, 29-16, at the 9:30 mark following a 13-8 run.
- UMO entered halftime up 45-28 with the 17-point advantage over Limestone.
- Mount Olive continued their dominant run as Tayon Gleaves hit a three-pointer out of the gate to give UMO their first 20-point lead.
- The Trojans made four three-pointers in a five-minute window to lead 66-47 over the Saints with under 12 to play.
- UMO took their largest lead of the game, 24 points, at the 5:40 mark with the score sitting at 78-54.
- The Saints went on a 15-7 run in the final five minutes but their efforts fell short as the Trojans remain undefeated in conference action winning 83-69.
- Jamaal Matin paced the Trojans with 17 points while Tayon Gleaves was close behind with 15.
- Dominique Tham recorded his second consecutive double-double with 12 points and 11 rebounds.
- Four Trojans scored in double digits including Matin, Gleaves, Tham and Cameron Robinson.
- UMO shot 49.2% from the field after averaging above 50% all game. The Trojans were 52.4% from behind the three and shot 75% from the charity stripe.
- Mount Olive's largest lead of the game was 24 points, 78-54.
Mount Olive returns to Kornegay Arena on Tuesday, December 19, as they host Virginia State in a non-conference match-up. Tip-off between the Trojans and the Trojans is set for 7 p.m.