Central, S.C. – The University of Mount Olive men's basketball team pushed past Southern Wesleyan, 65-52, on Friday night in Central, S.C.
Score: Mount Olive 65, Southern Wesleyan 52
Records: Mount Olive (6-14, 5-7 CC), Southern Wesleyan (3-17, 2-10 CC)
Location: Historic Tysinger Gymnasium, Central, S.C.
How It Happened
- The first half was played close as the two teams exchanged the lead throughout the opening half until Mount Olive took the lead at the 12:05 mark.
- UMO did hold the highest lead of five points until Southern Wesleyan tied the game at 27 with under five minutes to play.
- Following a short lead of 28-27 by SWU, the Trojans went into action ending the final 2:23 going on a 6-0 run to end the half with a 33-28 lead.
- Southern Wesleyan was able to push back and tie the game at 33 with 17:17 remaining.
- Jamal Matin started what turned into the run of the game as the Trojans with 15:50 left in the game sprouted off a 17-2 run to take a 50-35 cushion. The lead proved to be too much for the Warriors to respond to as UMO took the road victory 65-52.
- Leading the Trojans with a career-high night was Saiquan Jamison who racked up 16 points and 14 rebounds.
- Cameron Robinson (12) and Tyler Thomas (11) also added double-figure performances to the Trojans efforts.
Mount Olive will travel next to Limestone College on Saturday, January 28 at 7:30 p.m.