Mount Olive, N.C. – The University of Mount Olive men's basketball team dropped a 76-51 game to Limestone College in Conference Carolinas action in Kornegay Arena on Friday afternoon.
Score: Limestone 76, Mount Olive 51
Records: Limestone (12-2, 6-0 CC), Mount Olive (1-12, 0-5 CC)
Location: Kornegay Arena, Mount Olive, N.C.
How It Happened
- Limestone opened the game as the aggressor as the Saints jumped out to a 18-0 lead with 13:39 left in the first period.
- UMO scored its first points of the contest on a jumper by sophomore Jamaal Matin that cut the Trojans' deficit to 18-2 with 12:17 left in the half.
- The Saints increase their lead to its largest point in the first 20 minutes at 39-15 with 3:07 left in the first half before UMO used a 6-0 run to cut Limestone's lead to 39-21 at the break.
- Coming out of the half, Limestone sprinted out on a 12-4 run to increase their advantage to 51-25 just 4:23 into the second period.
- The Trojans cut the deficit to 19 on a three-pointer by freshman Juwan Smith with 8:25 left in the game, but UMO would never draw closer in the Trojans' 76-51 loss.
- Junior Tayon Gleaves led UMO with 15 points on 5-8 shooting from the field.
- Matin scored 10 points to also finish in double-figures.
- UMO shot 39.6% (19-48) from the field while Limestone shot 49.2% (29-59).
- Limestone's Shaq Dance and Shaun Stewart led all-scorers with 19 points each.
The Trojans return to action Saturday with a contest against Southern Wesleyan University at Kornegay Arena at 4 p.m.