Banner Elk, N.C. – The University of Mount Olive men's basketball team lost a 76-65 contest to Lees-McRae on Saturday afternoon in Banner Elk, N.C.
Score: Lees-McRae 76, Mount Olive 65
Records: Lees-McRae (2-6, 1-1 CC), Mount Olive (1-6, 0-3 CC)
Location: Williams Gymnasium, Banner Elk, N.C.
How It Happened
- UMO kept pace with the Bobcats through the first 10 minutes of play, as LMC held a narrow 20-16 lead at the second media timeout with 8:59 left in the first half.
- Following the timeout, Lees-McRae exploded on a 22-8 run to end the half and take a 42-24 lead into the break.
- The Trojans roared back midway through the second half using a 14-0 run to cut the Bobcats' advantage to 59-52 with 7:39 left in the contest.
- Lees-McRae would not let the Trojans draw any closer, as LMC went on a 6-0 run over the next three minutes to secure the double-digit advantage.
- Sophomore Dedric Byrd led the Trojans with 14 points and seven rebounds.
- Adding 10 points was freshman Cameron Robinson.
- The Trojans shot just 2-of-22 (9.1%) from three-point range while LMC went 11-of-30 (36.7%).
- UMO was edged in the rebound battle by the Bobcats, 41-39.
- Lees-McRae's Donte Falls led all-scorers with 22 points.
The Trojans travel to Florence, South Carolina for a non-conference matchup with Francis Marion University on Tuesday at 7 p.m.