Franklin Springs, Ga. – Opening Conference Carolinas play, the University of Mount Olive men's basketball team suffered a 72-64 setback to Emmanuel College on Tuesday night in Franklin Springs, Georgia.
Score: Emmanuel 72, Mount Olive 64
Records: Emmanuel (3-1, 1-0 CC), Mount Olive (1-4, 0-1 CC)
Location: Williamson Basketball Arena, Franklin Springs, Ga.
How It Happened
- Quick out of the gate, UMO took an 8-0 lead that forced a timeout by Emmanuel just three minutes into the game.
- The Lions clawed back into the contest, cutting the Trojans' lead to five at 20-15.
- Emmanuel finished the first 30 minutes on a 9-0 run that gave the Lions' a 35-34 lead at the half.
- The Trojans and Lions traded buckets through the first three minutes of the second period before Emmanuel ran out to a 50-43 lead at the first media timeout.
- Trying to chip away at the deficit, Mount Olive continued to battle, but the Trojans drew no closer than six.
- Leading the Trojans was freshman Armond Griebe with 17 points and eight rebounds.
- Freshman Saiquan Jamison recorded his first collegiate double-double with 13 points and 10 boards.
- Burying three from beyond the arc, freshman Cameron Robinson chipped in 15 for UMO.
- Emmanuel was led by Zach Vess, who tallied 15 points off the bench for the Lions.
- UMO turned the ball over 17 times while forcing just four Lions' turnovers.
Mount Olive hits the road again for a matchup with Pfeiffer University in Misenheimer, North Carolina at 7:30 p.m. on November 29.