Tryouts for the 2014-15 University of Mount Olive Cheerleading Squad will be held April 19 from 9 a.m.-1 p.m. at Kornegay Arena. Tryouts are for current UMO students and for incoming freshmen. A scholarship of up to $1,000 is available.
1. Minimum of a Back-Handspring for tumbling, but not required
2. Minimum of a Heel Stretch with full down or twisting dismount for stunts (you may try out as a Base, Back Spot, or Top Girl)
3. Toe Touch, Hurdler, Pike, Herkie, (Jump sequence-specified by coach)
4. Jump of Choice (bonus points if connected with tumbling)
5. Fight Song**
6. MOC Sideline Chants and Cheers**
7. Dr. Who**
**You will learn these at the mandatory clinic.
What To Wear
*Please wear cheer shorts, black or green spanks in Mount Olive colors (green and white) with a fitted tank or sports bra (no loose fitting t-shirts for safety reasons).
*Hair may be worn half up half down or in a ponytail and must have a bow. Please wear cheerleading shoes at all times while auditioning. Please come dressed for a performance.
All cheerleaders will have out-of-pocket expenses that can be paid for or fundraised for by each individual spirit team member. Certain apparel items such as uniforms and poms will be provided by the school.
Video and summer tryouts are available but it is encouraged to attend the spring tryout!
For more information or to register for auditions, please contact head coach Ebony Wells at email@example.com.