Newport News, Va./Winston-Salem, N.C. – The University of Mount Olive track & field teams had a busy weekend competing at two meets over the weekend as the Trojans traveled to the Vince Brown Invitational and the Camel City Invitational. Multiple Trojans recorded an NCAA Provisional Qualifying mark during the two meets.
Location: Newport News, Va./Winston-Salem, N.C.
INSIDE THE RESULTS
- Celine Ritter in the mile, broke the UMO school record again this time by six seconds, achieving an NCAA Provisional Qualifying mark.
- Leah Hanle also recorded an NCAA Provisional Qualifying mark in the 3000m.
- Sydney McCoy recorded an NCAA Provisional Qualifying mark in the 60m missing the UMO school record by 0.01.
- Adam Craig set an NCAA Provisional Qualifying mark in the 3000m.
- Johnny Middlebrooks, Trevor Carr, Tedric Shannon, and Richard Fisher also recorded an NCAA Provisional Qualifying mark in the 4x400m.
- Christopher Perez-Mondragon, in the mile, set an NCAA Provisional Qualifying mark.
- Middlebrooks also brook the UMO record in the 400m.
- The Trojans' men's and women's track and field teams will compete again at the JDL College Team Challenge February 8, in Winston-Salem, N.C.