WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. – The University of Mount Olive track & field teams had a successful showing at the Wake Forest Invitational in Winston-Salem, N.C. Trevor Carr broke the school record while also recording an NCAA Provisional Qualifying mark in the Triple Jump. Five other Trojans also broke school records at the meet.
Location: Winston-Salem, N.C.
INSIDE THE RESULTS
- Celine Ritter narrowly missed the NCAA Provisional Qualifying mark as her time of 5:05.20 in the mile was one second behind the needed mark. Ritter however did move into 2nd place in the UMO record book.
- Sydney McCoy debuted in the UMO top-10 lists in the 60m and 200m events moving into 6th and 7th respectively.
- Kieora Nichols and Tameia Morrison also made their first appearance in the UMO record book in the 400m and weight throw.
- Trevor Carr had himself a day in the triple jump as the sophomore not only broke the school record but also set an NCAA Provisional Qualifying mark with his 14.47m jump.
- Johnny Middlebrooks, Trevor Carr, Tedric Shannon, and Montre Holmes also joined in one the record breaking as the team broke the 4x400m relay UMO school record with a 3:21.59 time in the event. The team also placed first in the race.
- Jonathan Dahlke rounded out the Trojans breaking school records as he became the top runner in the 800m with his time of 1:55.08.
- Christopher Perez-Mondragon moved into 7th all-time in the 3000m in his first time competing in the event in a Trojan uniform.
- Tai Smith nearly missed an NCAA Provisional Qualifying mark in the 5000m as his time of 14:55.16 was four seconds short of the needed mark.
- The Trojans' men's and women's track and field teams will compete again at the Liberty University Invitational on January 26-27 in Lynchburg, Va.